- dask.dataframe.read_orc(path, engine='pyarrow', columns=None, index=None, split_stripes=1, aggregate_files=None, storage_options=None)[source]¶
Read dataframe from ORC file(s)
- path: str or list(str)
Location of file(s), which can be a full URL with protocol specifier, and may include glob character if a single string.
- engine: ‘pyarrow’ or ORCEngine
Backend ORC engine to use for IO. Default is “pyarrow”.
- columns: None or list(str)
Columns to load. If None, loads all.
- index: str
Column name to set as index.
- split_stripes: int or False
Maximum number of ORC stripes to include in each output-DataFrame partition. Use False to specify a 1-to-1 mapping between files and partitions. Default is 1.
- aggregate_filesbool, default False
Whether distinct file paths may be aggregated into the same output partition. A setting of True means that any two file paths may be aggregated into the same output partition, while False means that inter-file aggregation is prohibited.
- storage_options: None or dict
Further parameters to pass to the bytes backend.
- Dask.DataFrame (even if there is only one column)
>>> df = dd.read_orc('https://github.com/apache/orc/raw/' ... 'master/examples/demo-11-zlib.orc')